Senior HV Battery Prototype Build Technician
|Role Title:||Senior HV Battery Prototype Build Technician|
|Reporting To:||Operations, Analytics & Quality Director E-Mobility,|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park.|
|Role Purpose:||Responsible for supporting the assembly of High Voltage (HV) battery packs and sub-assemblies. The role demands a highly skilled, hands on and pragmatic approach driving process efficiency, safety, and improvement. You will be comfortable with developing relationships to work with battery build team and battery design team and deliver a consistent process driven solution.|
Assembly of complete prototype HV battery packs according to battery build processes to achieve comprehensive and efficient build timing focusing on 4 main areas:
1- Assembly of HV Battery packs and sub-assemblies.
2- Perform phased build checks, according to HV Battery Build Process specification.
3- Ensure Battery build data is accurately documented.
4- Follow instructions on instrumentation required and palletisation standards.
- Strictly follow HV battery prototype build procedures based on Safe Systems of Work (SSOW).
- Liaison with Design teams to feedback lessons learnt from battery build and drive design and process improvement.
- Support defining HV battery build and commissioning processes.
- Perform HV battery electrical and mechanical checks.
- Fill HV battery build book to its integrity.
- HV Battery pack preparation for End of Line testing.
- Maintaining the working area to acceptable cleanliness and organization standards.
- Experience within an engineering discipline, mechanical and/or electrical.
- Demonstrate understanding of HV Battery systems & High voltage safety.
- Able to use testing equipment and related system development tools (CANalyzer, CANape, diagnostics, and control tools).
- Strong people skills with the ability to work individually and cross functional teams.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Organised, precise and pragmatic approach to working.
- Excellent communication skills.
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- Travel occasionally as required.
Please click here to apply.