HV Battery Test Technician
|Role Title:||HV Battery Test Technician|
|Reporting To:||Operations, Analytics & Quality Director E-Mobility,|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park.|
|Role Purpose:||Responsible for providing High Voltage (HV) battery systems testing services, including Battery pack, module, and cell level. The role demands a highly skilled, hands on and pragmatic approach driving process efficiency, safety, and improvement. You will be comfortable with developing relationships to work with HV battery testing team and battery design team and deliver a consistent process driven solution.|
Provide and support HV battery testing services focusing on performance and life cycle tests mainly. Required to provide support with test set ups, battery and cooling testing rig’s, testing facility equipment maintenance, instrumentation required and battery palletisation, build cell testing apparatus.
- Strictly follow facility procedures based on Safe Systems of Work (SSOW) and any other HSE regulation.
- Liaison with cross functional teams to support testing requirements.
- Support defining testing set ups, create testing set up, as per Testing specification
- Perform Facility integration with testing set up.
- Problem solving capability & provide technical support to test engineers.
- Ability to monitor and set up testing equipment operating limits according to testing specification.
- Maintaining the Testing Facility and working area to an acceptable cleanliness and organization standards.
- Experience within an engineering discipline, mechanical and/or electrical.
- Strong people skills with the ability to work individually and cross functional teams.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Organised, precise and pragmatic approach to working.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Experience with testing and validating battery packs/subpacks & battery modules.
- Able to use testing equipment and related system development tools (Diagnostics, data loggers, and control tools).
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- Travel occasionally as required.
Please click here to apply.