Strategy Chief Engineer – E-Mobility
|Role Title:||Strategy Chief Engineer – E-Mobility|
|Reporting To:||E-Mobility, Technology Platform, ESO & Strategy Director|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park.|
|Role Purpose:||To lead the strategy creation & definition for TAE E-Mobility division, in the pre & advanced stages of the product delivery cycle – spanning both technology and product development. You will liaise directly with all areas of the business including commercial, research, concept hardware & software groups, to define platform technology roads maps and lead the implementation therefore into the businesses cycle plan, which you will own. Considering both technical and commercial viability and business case you will drive the E-Mobility business forward into new sectors and to help achieve the key definition of winning for the business.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Lead & grow the TAE E-Mobility Strategy team.
- You will work across multiple areas of the TAE Power business to pull together the medium to long terms strategy for the E-Mobility.
- You will lead the creation/own the E-Mobility technology road maps and cycle plan.
- You will keep abreast of the latest technology in the E-Mobility field and create a benchmarking process to regularly compare to the TAE technology roads. This will be done through technical documentation and conferences/seminars.
- You will lead/support as required to help develop the business New Product Introduction (NPI) process for the TAE Power business.
- You will help ensure a Systems Engineering approach is defined and following through the development the E-Mobility products.
- You will liaise with future customers for the E-Mobility and lead technical discussions at the early stages of the relationships.
- You will lead/support business objectives/targets for the E-Mobility group to work to maximise efficiency and drive best in class performance behaviours.
- Define generic scaling for further programs and use for future product budget planning, resource, facilities and CAPEX.
- Participate in technical reviews of product designs, requirements and specifications as required.
- To provide strategy & technical leadership– product and process, to the wider groups as required to help support the technical delivery of engineering projects ensuring technical deliverable are met.
- Support new business opportunities through bid leadership, preparation of commercial documentation, client meetings and promotional activities where appropriate.
- Support the definition of industry leading operational targets to set as goals for the wider E-Mobility group to work towards – support the implementation of engineering facilities, processes and skills/resources to support project and departmental objectives.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- Ability to think innovatively, freely and outside the box to come up with new & novel strategic offerings for new markets and product.
- Be able to consider the operational, technical and commercial impact of all strategic offerings.
- Wide system based mindset able to consider the big picture but also get into the detail as and when required.
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems.
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience
- To have an excellent understanding of automotive engineering design practices particularly in the field of Battery systems, their subcomponents, materials selection and manufacturing techniques
- Ideally, FEA or CFD knowledge for evaluating theoretical designs.
- Direct experience of developing NPI processes and working within their framework
- Proven track record in the effective delivery of technical objectives to quality targets and milestones.
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation.
- Experience working on hybrid or electric vehicle propulsion systems & subsystems/components e.g. battery systems, inverters, DC/DC converters etc.
- Experience in compliance engineering to electrified E-Mobility regulations and external standards
- A history of interfacing with external parties (e.g. customers or suppliers) for technical and commercial reviews.
- Familiar with safety analysis techniques (e.g. FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.) and the application of functional safety & ISO 26262.
- Model-based system development and software application.
System or Knowledge
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office and applications.
- Experience of Business Management Systems including ISO9001.
- Familiar with delivering projects to APQP requirements.
- Proven leadership skills. Outgoing, confident and articulate.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- Travel occasionally as required.
Please click here to apply.