Configuration Control Engineer
|Role Title:||Configuration Control Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Head of PMO|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park.|
|Role Purpose:||As a Configuration Control Engineer within Sprint Power you will be responsible for managing Software Configuration Control and / or Bill of Materials, supporting change management systems across projects. You will be involved at all stages of the design and development process, from prototyping through to production liaising directly with the engineering teams and project management.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Track software deliveries with suppliers and system engineers, manage software releases and documentation to an acceptable standard.
- Drive software releases approval management and process with relevant stakeholders and approvers.
- Document software feature/function maturity at agreed implementation points across electronic systems within a vehicle application.
- Generate software delivery plans based on customer expectations and supplier release plan
- Technical experience of software control is essential.
- Generation of Bills of Materials and associated release tracking reports.
- Receive Engineering Release notices and interpret relevant data to update BOMs with respect to added items, deleted items, quantity changes, corrections, and effective dates.
- Liaise with Engineers and Project management to ensure accurate material control data.
- Participate in technical reviews of product designs as required.
- Track, manage and maintain BOM’s for systems and assemblies.
- Ensure project BOM documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company BMS processes and standards.
- Creation Of works orders from BOMs as required.
- Goods in receiving to track BOM materials.
- Chasing project team to close open project issues and actions using Jira.
- For software release management technical experience of software release process is essential.
- The Configuration Controller will have in-depth knowledge of Bill of Material structures for Engineering, Purchasing, and Manufacturing with experience of ERP/MRP operating systems.
- Familiarity with working in a fast-paced R &D engineering and manufacturing environment working to tight deadlines is key to the successful candidate.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skill
- A minimum of 3-5 years relevant industry experience.
- Experienced in software configuration control release management.
- Experience in automotive BOM control.
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in Microsoft project.
- Jira & SAP experience would be helpful but not essential.
- Proactively chasing the project team for closing out actions.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong report writing and communication skills.
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- Travel occasionally as required.
- Please click here to apply.