Key Account Manager
|Role Title:||Key Account Manager|
|Reporting To:||Senior Director, Mobility Business Development|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park|
|Role Purpose:||TAE Power Solutions are experiencing rapid and sustained growth in our engagement with global clients in the e-Mobility sector. For us to deliver our ambitious sales strategy, the ongoing support of our existing client base is essential; the role of Key Account Manager plays a critical part in ensuring our clients are supported and that we maximise the opportunity to provide products and services that solve their complex, electrified powertrain challenges.|
You will be responsible for day-to-day commercial activities and engagements with established and growing eMobility accounts, working with the Senior Director, Mobilty Business Development and the wider commercial team to support the delivery of the sales strategy.
You will own the relationship with a list of assigned accounts and drive sales growth through developing relationships at strategic and executive levels; working in collaboration with the delivery team to ensure customer satisfaction and continued revenue.
You will lead collaborative activities across the business to deliver compelling proposals that meet our customer’s requirements.
You will manage sales process to facilitate new engagements and develop plans, ensure opportunities are qualified, and make compelling presentations of our capabilities. As opportunities progress, you will lead negotiation and kick off new contracts.
A key responsibility will be to manage all communication between our internal teams and the client – ensuring you understand the client organisation structure and to guarantee consistent communication at all stages of engagement.
When projects reach the delivery phase, you will take part in regular reviews and updates to provide the commercial perspective on delivery of our clients requirements.
You will need to have a proven track record in a technical sales environment, or a relevant technical background and a desire to move into a commercial, customer facing role.
You will work within a unique, fast-paced and innovative team, made up of energetic and hardworking professionals, within a rapidly expanding and successful EV technology start up.
Critical to the success of the role will be:
- Your ability to engage with your clients to fully understand their challenges and requirements and the drivers behind these
- Your ability to integrate effectively at every level within your customers, managing multiple internal customer relationships while focussing on the Sprint Power growth strategy
- Your understanding of the way vehicle manufacturers engineer their products and the ability to understand the entry points for Sprint Power
- Your ability to coordinate the proposal process for each customer from a range of potential solutions
- Your fundamental engineering understanding and knowledge of EV systems or willingness to learn this as you immerse yourself in the EV sector
- Your ability to take complex issues and problems and articulate them simply and in an engaging, succinct, jargon-free way
- Your drive and tenacity to ensure proposals are delivered on time, project managing the sales process and the team involved in the bid preparation
- Your huge energy, enthusiasm, and a drive to deliver, with a positive can-do attitude and ability to think differently
- Your ability to be a great team player and to work closely with colleagues across different locations
- Exceptional technical sales and/or account management track record within a relevant industry sector
- Relevant technical experience and a drive to move into a commercial role
- Experience working in the Automotive / Defence / Marine / Aerospace sectors (5+ years)
- Excellent communication, engagement and presentation skills
- Successful experience in the pricing and negotiation of engineering programmes and components
- Experience of bringing new technologies to market from a tier 1 supplier or OEM perspective
- Expert in stake holder management of commercial relationships
- Expert in sales process and strategic planning
- Experienced in the project management of the sales process
- Relevant engineering degree
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Target-driven and self-starting.
- Natural leader, competent in building a team with hands-on approach.
- Good general commercial awareness, clearly able to demonstrate negotiation experience and delivery of the negotiations.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Able to prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- Travel occasionally as required.
Please click here to apply