Chief Control Systems Engineer
|Role Title:||Chief Control Systems Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Software Group Manager|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park.|
|Role Purpose:||As a member of the Software Group, you will be managing the Control Systems team, working on a range of demonstrator and production projects, and developing software for embedded systems in automotive applications. You will have overall responsibility for the design and development of the application software, being involved in all stages of the software development process.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Line management of the Control Systems team.
- Provide technical delivery and leadership of application software activities.
- Create proposals to support business development and sales activities.
- Manage processes and procedures for model-based application software development.
- Maintain company engineering standards to ensure necessary levels of design quality.
- Manage product development through full design lifecycle to fully validated and production ready maturation levels.
- Provide clients with application software engineering support.
- Manage functional safety compliance for safety critical systems at an application software level.
- Support planning and resource management to ensure on time delivery of projects
- Work closely with other engineering teams to develop modern, innovative, and practical solutions.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- A degree or similar in a software or controls engineering discipline.
- Extensive experience (> 15 years) in automotive control systems, especially in BMS and DCDC applications.
- Experience of line managing teams of software engineers for in-house developments.
- Fault finding and diagnosis experience in complex automotive battery systems.
- Understanding of electrical and electronic circuits.
- Comfortable working closely with clients, often on-site at client locations.
- Experienced advanced user of:
- MATLAB/Simulink toolchain.
- CAN based calibration and monitoring tools like CANape/INCA and CANalyzer
- Experience in:
- The interaction between application and base software.
- The use of software debugging tools.
- The design of functional safety compliant software, as per ISO 26262.
- The use of process assessment models like Automotive SPICE.
- Understanding of:
- C# programming language.
- Self-motivated, creative, and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritise and organise project workloads, schedules, and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- Travel frequently, including overseas.
Please click here to apply.