Senior HV Battery Test Engineer
|Role Title:||Senior HV Battery Test Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Operations, Analytics & Quality Director E-Mobility,|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park.|
|Role Purpose:||Responsible for review HV Battery design validation plans and define testing schedule, supervision, and execution. The role demands a high level of diligence driven around battery testing & validation processes. You will be comfortable with developing relationships to work closely with cross functional teams and deliver a consistent process driven solution.|
Provide and support HV battery testing services focusing on performance and life cycle tests mainly. Required to provide guidance and technical input with test set ups, battery and cooling testing rig’s, testing facility equipment maintenance, instrumentation required and battery palletisation, build cell testing apparatus.
- Create Plan and manage schedule for test facility operation.
- Capable of creating test procedures to translate testing specifications of specific battery designs.
- Understand and define instrumentation and testing safety mechanisms.
- Create & define test cycles, set points and safety limits.
- Create and sign off the testing safety mechanisms.
- Experience within an engineering discipline, mechanical and/or electrical.
- Experience with Battery monitoring systems & Battery functional safety.
- Experience with testing and validating battery packs/subpacks & battery modules.
- Experience with programming test cycles to support battery testing.
- Good working knowledge of proprietary PC software e.g., MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Able to use testing equipment and related system development tools (Diagnostics, data loggers, and control tools).
- Strong people skills with the ability to work individually and cross functional teams.
- Organised, precise and pragmatic approach to working.
- Excellent communication skills.
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- Travel occasionally as required.
Please click here to apply.