Senior Engineer Battery Systems
|Role Title:||Senior Engineer Battery Systems|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – eDrives Systems|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park|
|Role Purpose:||As a Senior Battery Engineer within Sprint Power, you will be a key member of a team responsible for developing the company’s High Voltage Battery Systems for the automotive, off-highway, rail, marine, and aviation industries.|
Key Aspects of the role:
- Deliver Systems Engineering tasks that enable successful projects and products.
- Provide technical expertise to ensure new battery designs incorporate best engineering practice, are designed for manufacture and appropriate DVP plans are executed to meet customer requirements.
- Co-ordinate cell characterisation tests using Sprint Power’s Arbin Battery Cycler and climatic chamber.
- Lead hardware procurement, prototype battery build, rig and manufacturing team liaison activities.
- Liaise with the Validation and Test engineering team to ensure new batteries are tested correctly and pass the defined requirements.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills:
- A degree or similar qualification in Engineering, Physics or Mathematics.
- Strong desire to learn and actively undertake hands on battery engineering activities.
- Proven ability to solve practical design problems and participate in the design, analysis and verification of new batteries.
- Battery design experience – design or materials engineering.
- Experience in testing and compliance engineering to electric vehicle regulations and external standards.
- Self-motivated, creative, and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
Other Features of the job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including a 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- UK Travel very occasionally.
Please click here to apply