Principal Embedded Software Engineer
|Role Title:||Principal Embedded Software Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Embedded Software|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park|
|Role Purpose:||As a member of the Embedded Software team within Sprint Power, you will be working on a range of demonstrator and production projects, developing software for embedded systems in automotive applications. You will be involved in all stages of the software development process, guide and mentor other junior engineers within the team, take an active part in the estimation and planning of new projects, and liaise directly with customers, suppliers, and other engineering teams.|
Key Aspects of the role:
- Provide technical delivery and leadership of embedded software activities.
- Support and mentor other junior engineers within the team.
- Creation and management of software requirements.
- Architectural design of the software.
- Development and testing of embedded C code.
- Integration of application and base software.
- Support system integration activities, and provide debugging capability during development.
- Interface with customers and suppliers.
- Work closely with other engineering teams like hardware electronics or controls.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills:
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or Science related discipline as a minimum
- 10 years of experience successfully delivering projects in an engineering environment, either in an OEM, Tier 1 or Engineering Consultancy for production or R&D programmes
- Supporting systems engineering processes and software development lifecycle
- Embedded firmware development, deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware
- Significant experience of C/C++ languages in real-time embedded systems
- Design of functional safety compliant software, as per ISO 26262
- Software development to AUTOSAR and MISRA C coding standards and guidelines
- Authoring required documentation, including requirements specifications, technical reports, test specifications, user manuals, work instructions, etc.
- Bench testing and practical validation of software functionality and safety requirements
- A history of interfacing with external stakeholders (e.g. customers or suppliers) for dealing with technical queries and resolving technical issues.
- It would be beneficial if the applicant has experience in the following areas:
- Automotive communications protocols e.g. CAN, CAN-FD, Flexray, UDS, OBD, J1939 etc.
- Development of low-level drivers and software for xEV components e.g. BMS, inverters, DC/DC converters, etc.
- Familiarity with Automotive SPICE development framework.
- Use of standard automotive diagnostics and calibration tools.
- The application of systems and software modeling languages (e.g. UML, SysML) and tools (e.g. Simulink, Targetlink).
- Self-motivated, creative, and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks. Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
Other Features of the job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including a 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- UK Travel very occasionally.
Please click here to apply