Technical Specialist – HV Drive
|Role Title:||Technical Specialist – HV Drive|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – HV Drive Systems|
|Role Purpose:||As a Technical Specialist you will be responsible for the design and development of integrated propulsion systems and HV Drive products. You will provide technical expertise in the field of Electric Drive Unit, Power Electronics and HV Drive Systems Engineering enabling the delivery of successful customer and internal projects.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Provide specialist HV drive engineering skills and knowledge to clients and internal team
- Guide Sprint Power research and development and the creation of new products and services
- Provide technical leadership in the development of Sprint Power’s live projects and R&D products
- Create proposals to support business development and sales activities
- Manage processes and procedures for HV drive product development
- Maintain company engineering standards to ensure necessary levels of design quality
- Manage product development through full design lifecycle to fully validated and production ready maturation levels
- Liaise with suppliers to manage best delivery, cost and quality
- Support planning and resource management to ensure on time delivery of projects
- Work closely with other engineering teams to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions
Qualifications or Functional Experience
- Degree qualified in mechanical or electrical engineering or similar
- Chartered or working toward Chartership status
- Extensive experience (>15 years) in propulsion system engineering and product development
- Technical knowledge of HV propulsion system technologies (Electric drive unit, motors, power electronics and batteries)
- V lifecycle and systems engineering
- Electric and hybrid vehicle propulsion system specification, design and integration
- Energy storage system development e.g. batteries, fuel cells etc.
- High voltage and high-power inverter development
- Control system development and calibration
- Propulsion system consulting experience
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative and flexible team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills
Please click here to apply.