Systems Engineer – Body Systems Design and Integration
|Role Title:||Systems Engineer – Body Systems Design and Integration|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Core Systems Engineering|
As a Body Systems Design and Integration Engineer, you will be involved in the requirements capture, development and conformance of system/subsystem requirements for the Electrical and Electronics Integration of the body systems on a Supercar project with one of the most prestigious automotive companies in the world.
You will liaise directly with a range of stakeholders to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions; ensuring they are delivered to time, cost and quality.
The project is currently in the delivery phase and, as such, the activities are focused around the Validation and Verification activities and resulting design changes against agreed requirements.
Key Aspects of the role
- Support the commissioning of active systems
- Decompose regulations and standards into technical requirements
- Conduct appropriate analysis (use cases, sequence diagrams, simulations, state machines etc.) for defining system behavior and deriving functional requirements
- Deliver internal departments / external supplier technical deliverables.
- Support the system level fault response and reconfiguration activities
- Support reliability and safety analysis (e.g. ITD, FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.)
- Use requirements management tools for capturing requirements at all levels and generating specification documents
- Interface between software and hardware engineers to support system delivery
- Perform or support the development of test plans and test cases
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that requirements, timescales, and costs targets are tracked and achieved
- Perform or support verification and validation activities and feedback of results into the system design
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company processes and standards
- Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones
- Support the governance of requirements management processes, toolchain, and model ontology
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering/technical discipline, i.e. Electrical, Mechanical, Systems Engineering or Computing or Science degrees.
- Relevant experience of system design and/or electrical/electronic engineering disciplines
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems
- Familiarity with automotive spice and systems engineering processes from requirements validation, through to system verification.
- Familiar with the development of safety critical systems
- Proficient in developing and maintaining Design Verification Plans
- Possess basic project management and reporting skills
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritise and organise multiple projects, workloads, schedules, and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills is essential in this role
A Sprint Power Engineer
A Sprint Power systems engineer brings a wealth of knowledge into any team, displaying areas of technical specialism and approaches each problem with an attitude which drives them to solve it. Always challenging the what and the why they are delivering a certain technical solution, and providing both abstract viewpoints and the ability to conceptualise and further realise technical solutions.
Please click here to apply.