Power Electronics Engineer
|Role Title:||Power Electronics Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Electronics|
As an Electronic Design Engineer within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will liaise directly with customers, and the other SP engineering teams, to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions. Responsible for the inception, development, and release of LV & HV electronic system designs across a broad range of company projects.
Key Aspects of the role
- Support the design of power electronic units and/or systems incorporating low level analog, digital, high speed, and high power MOSFETs including Silicon Carbide FETs and multi-core 32-bit microcontroller circuitry
- Support the generation of detailed electronic design schematics and supporting PCB design layouts
- Support the generation of design verification documents to confirm compliance with national and international standards
- Support the creation of project documentation in accordance with company processes and procedures
- Support the delivery of unit and system FMEA and other electronics design validation activities
- Support project level engineering change control activities
- Support the delivery of engineering tasks in line with project milestones
- Support prototype builds and provide electronic support for system test and integration
- Support company engineering standards to ensure necessary levels of design quality
- support product development through full design lifecycle to fully validated and production ready maturation levels
- support functional safety compliance for safety critical systems at a hardware level
- Support of electronic validation activities
- Work closely with other engineering teams to develop modern, innovative, and practical solutions
Role Related Skills, Knowledge, Experience and Personal Attributes
Qualifications or Functional Experience
- Degree qualified in power electronics engineering or similar
- Electronic hardware design and able to read Electronic Schematic Diagrams
- Industry experience for example Automotive, Motorsport or Aerospace product development desirable
- Understanding of electronic design requirements
High voltage and high power electronic system design experience
- Strong communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative and flexible team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- A self-starter and self-motivated
- Good presentation, report writing and communication skills.
Please click here to apply.