Senior Systems Integration & Test Engineer
|Role Title:||Senior Systems Integration & Test Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Integration & Test|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park.|
|Role Purpose:||As a member of the systems engineering team within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. Your personal focus will be planning and delivering activities on the right-hand side of the Engineering V Cycle – Integration and testing at System and Sub-System levels. You will be responsible for developing DVPs, planning and running integration test campaigns to validate systems against requirements. You will be working on varied projects, and using various test assets, such as HiL rigs and prototype vehicles. You will also support junior engineers in running the test campaigns, producing and reviewing test plans and reports and conducting tests when required.|
Key Aspects of the role:
- Support requirement elicitation to ensure testability.
- Perform or support the development of DVPs, test plans and test cases.
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that component and sub-system tests are carried out to the required standard.
- Perform or support verification and validation activities and feedback of results into the system design.
- Ensure testing documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company processes and standards.
- Deliver testing tasks in line with project milestones.
- Perform or support testing activities.
- Support development and commissioning of test assets.
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline, ideally control system, electric or electronic.
- Relevant experience of system design and/or electrical/electronic engineering disciplines.
- Relevant experience of performing tests on a variety of test equipment (HiL rigs, vehicles).
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems.
- Understanding of Systems Engineering processes, ideally MBSE.
- Experience of diagnostic and fault injection tools such as PEAKCAN, Vector tool suite.
- Familiarity with automotive HV systems (battery, DC/DC converter, motors, inverters, etc.) beneficial.
- Familiarity with ASPICE beneficial.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritise and organise multiple projects, workloads, schedules, and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential in this role.
Other Features of job:
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- UK Travel very occasionally.
A Sprint Power Engineer
A Sprint Power systems engineer brings a wealth of knowledge into any team, displaying areas of technical specialism and approaches each problem with an attitude which drives them to solve it. Always challenging the what and the why they are delivering a certain technical solution and providing both abstract viewpoints and the ability to conceptualise and further realise technical solutions.
Please click here to apply.