Principal Quality Engineer
|Role Title:||Principal Quality Engineer.|
|Reporting To:||Head of Quality & EHS.|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park.|
|Role Purpose:||Provide independent and objective quality assurance to ensure that internal and external (supplied) work products and processes comply with predefined provisions and plans, and that non-conformances are resolved and further prevented. |
Support the development, implementation, and maintenance of the quality strategy (as defined by the Head of Department).
Perform quality activities according to the seven ISO quality management principles, system, environmental and safety requirements.
Ensure non-conformances of work products, processes, and project activities are identified, recorded, communicated to interested parties – tracked, resolved, and further prevented.
Ensure conformance of work products, process and project activities are verified against relevant requirements, documented, and communicated to interested parties.
Escalate non-conformances to appropriate levels of management and ensure they are resolved.
Key Aspects of the role:
- Ensure that work product and process quality assurance is performance at project level independently and without conflicts of interest according to the quality strategy.
- Coordinate and conduct internal assessments/audits at Sprint Power, Eltrium or suppliers according to ISO 9001, AS 9100 and Auto SPICE.
- Lead/support Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) activities – internally, across plants and suppliers.
- Regularly report performance, deviations, and trends in quality activities to relevant parties for information and action according to the strategy.
- Ensure any internal or external (supplier) deviations or non-conformances found in the product or processes are analysed, tracked, corrected, and further prevented.
- Use results from processes such as verification, validation, project reviews, and problem management to drive improve quality.
- Analyse processes, problems, checking methods, tools, documents, reports, and lessons learnt to improve product and processes for future projects.
- Establish and maintain an escalation mechanism according to the quality strategy that ensure problems are escalated to the appropriate levels of management and other relevant stakeholders to resolve them.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Coordinate and conduct internal assessments/audits at Sprint Power, Eltrium or suppliers according to ISO 14001 and 45001.
- Support the EHS Advisor activities in their absence.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skill
- Mechanical / Electrical / Manufacturing Engineering degree.
- Excellent knowledge of quality tools and methods, e.g. FMEA, PPAP, SWOT, 8D, DoE.
- Auditor qualifications: audit procedure, negotiation, conflict management.
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes across a wide variety of commodities (electrical / electronic components as well as mechanical).
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience (preferably in manufacturing companies within the automotive or aerospace industry). Experience in high volume and R&D environments would be an advantage.
System / Process Knowledge
- Qualified and experienced auditor of ISO 9001 : 2015.
- Qualified and experienced auditor of ISO 14001 : 2015.
- Qualified and experienced Auditor of AS 9100 (preferred).
- Qualified and experienced auditor of ISO / IAFT 16949 : 2016 (preferred).
- VDA 6.3 Process Auditor.
- Auto SPICE Provisional Assessor.
- Six Sigma green belt or lean manufacturing qualification.
- Proven leadership of initiating, driving, and supporting positive change.
- Able to identify and support improvement solutions (not just identify the issues).
- Excellent interpersonal skills for stakeholder collaboration and management.
- Well organised, disciplined, self-motivated, creative, and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on changing responsibilities, and challenges to meet the demand of a rapidly growing company.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- UK Travel very occasionally.
Please click here to apply.