Senior Electrical Technician
|Role Title:||Senior Electrical Technician|
|Reporting To:||Workshop Manager|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park|
|Role Purpose:||To Manufacture wiring harnesses & electrical systems and testing products across a range of assemblies & projects. This will include assembly of electrical and electronic module assemblies ensuring they are manufactured to automotive quality standards.|
Key Aspects of the role:
- Manufacture prototype electrical harnesses & component assemblies to the correct specification and test procedures.
- Responsible for the testing of a variety of prototype harnesses.
- To manufacture all wiring harnesses to the correct specifications & test procedures.
- To ensure all harnesses & equipment are handled in a safe & careful manner to prevent damage to personnel & property.
- Will be required and prepared to work at clients or other offsite facilities at short notice to suit the business needs.
- Ensure to keep the workshop in a clean, safe & tidy condition after use.
- Manufacture electrical and electronic assemblies & PDU’s. (Power Distribution Unit).
- Ensure all work is completed by the deadlines that are set.
- Identify opportunities for product design improvements.
- Identify faults and solve them accordingly.
- To ensure all departmental paperwork & procedures are adhered to.
- Ensuring all work is completed efficiently & to a high quality.
- To bring to the attention of management any improvements which could be made to manufacture, or service given by the department.
- To always adopt safe working practises in compliance with Health and Safety regulations and Company policy, drawing the attention of the Supervisor or Management staff any matters of concern relating to the safety of equipment or safety procedures.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensure Sprint Power, HSE and Legal Environmental Health & Safety policies are always adhered.
- Only operates within.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills:
- Relevant Manufacturing/Engineering HNC, ONC, City & Guilds level 3, BTEC National Diploma Level 3, IVQ Technician Diploma, or equivalent NVQ level 3 qualification.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience i.e. Automotive, Motorsport or Aerospace.
- Experience in automotive electrical systems design and prototype development.
- Experience in HV and LV EDS manufacturing – Understanding of circuit design, harness design, power distribution designs are suitable for manufacture.
- Desirable, Knowledge & experience of vehicle HaV safe working practices and procedures.
- Experience and good understanding of Motorsport and OEM Automotive quality standards for harnesses and electrical systems.
- Full UK Driving licence.
System or Knowledge
- Competent in Microsoft Office and applications.
- Experience having worked within an ISO9001 certified business.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Flexible and committed.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Team working skills.
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
- UK Travel very occasionally.
Please click here to apply.