Senior/ Principal Engineer – EDS CAD
|Role Title:||Senior/ Principal EDS CAD Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Mechanical & Electrical|
|Role Purpose:||As an EDS CAD Engineer within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will liaise directly with customers, and the SP engineering teams, to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions. Responsible for the inception, development, and release of LV & HV EDS CAD designs across a broad range of company projects.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Advanced user of Catia V5/6 for electrical harness routing and packaging.
- Utilizing electrical harness tools Catia Workbench EHA EHI EHF.
- Generation and design of brackets and fixings etc to support EE modules and harnesses.
- Knowledge of GT&D and the correct application into component manufacturing drawings.
- Creation and development of 3D model-based design solutions and conceptual mock-up’s.
- Production of 2D manufacturing drawings from 3D models and designs.
- Consult with circuit and harness teams to ensure release of accurate manufacturing drawings.
- Development of Channels, formers & jigs etc. for integration into harness deliverables.
- Ensure all harness designs transpose accurately from the 3D into 2D
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in accordance with company BMS processes and procedures
- Manage project level EDS CAD engineering change control activity.
- Delivery of engineering tasks on time and in line with project milestones
- Participate in technical reviews of product designs, requirements, and specifications
- Understanding of BOMs and BOM requirements.
Have an excellent knowledge of harness and component routing and packaging for:
- LV Electrical systems.
- HV Electrical Systems.
- EE module enclosure design.
Have a good knowledge of packaging for Electric and Hybrid vehicle components including:
- HV batteries, Power Distribution Modules
- Motors, Inverters, DCDC’s.
Have a good understanding of general automotive engineering vehicle technologies, including:
- Chassis and body structures
- BEV and ICE powertrain systems
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.
Required Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- A degree or similar in an electrical engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience in Automotive, Motorsport or Aerospace.
- EDS CAD design from concept to delivery, with excellent understanding of automotive design requirements.
- Experience in an automotive EDS CAD design prototyping development.
- Experience in HV and LV CAD designs, packaging/routing.
- Evaluate data contained within DT’s/CDS’s and apply to EDS CAD designs.
- Proven track record in the effective delivery of technical objectives to quality targets and milestones.
System or Knowledge
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office and other relevant MS applications.
- Advance capabilities in EDS CAD software e.g Catia V5/V6.
- Experience of working to BMS procedures including ISO9001.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.