Chief Engineer – Electronics
|Role Title:||Chief Electronics Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Hardware Group Manager|
|Role Purpose:||Overall responsibility for design and development of electronic products and management of electronic engineering support to suit client’s requirements.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Line management of the electronics engineering department
- Provide technical leadership in the development of Sprint Power’s live projects and R&D products
- Create proposals to support business development and sales activities
- Manage processes and procedures for hardware development
- Maintain company engineering standards to ensure necessary levels of design quality
- Manage product development through full design lifecycle to fully validated and production ready maturation levels
- Provide clients with electronic engineering support
- Manage functional safety compliance for safety critical systems at a hardware level
- Provide management and support of electronic validation activities
- Liaise with suppliers to manage best delivery, cost and quality
- Support planning and resource management to ensure on time delivery of projects
- Work closely with other engineering teams to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions
- Manage electronics labs, tools, equipment and safe working practices
Required Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- Degree qualified in electronics engineering or similar
- Chartered or working toward Chartership status
- Extensive experience (>15 years) in engineering and product development
- Experience of line managing teams of hardware and software engineers for in-house developments
- Electronic circuit design experience
- V lifecycle and systems engineering
Desired Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- The design of functional safety compliant hardware and software, as per ISO 26262
- Experience of software development to AUTOSAR and MISRA C coding standards
- Electric and hybrid vehicle applications
- Energy storage systems e.g. batteries, fuel cells etc.
- High voltage and high power electronic systems
- Experience of C/C++ languages in real-time embedded systems
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative and flexible team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter and CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.