Chief Engineer – Electrical
|Role Title:||Chief Electrical Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Hardware Group Manager|
|Role Purpose:||Overall responsibility for design and development of electrical products and management of electrical engineering support to suit client’s requirements.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Line management of the electrical engineering department
- Provide technical leadership in the development of Sprint Power’s live projects and R&D products
- Create proposals to support business development and sales activities
- Manage processes and procedures for development
- Maintain company engineering standards to ensure necessary levels of design quality
- Manage product development through full design lifecycle to fully validated and production ready maturation levels
- Provide clients with electrical engineering support
- Manage functional safety compliance for safety critical systems at hardware level
- Provide management and support of electrical validation activities
- Liaise with suppliers to manage best delivery, cost and quality
- Support planning and resource management to ensure on time delivery of projects
- Work closely with other engineering teams to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions
- Manage electrical labs, tools, equipment and safe working practices
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.
Required Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- A Degree qualified in Engineering discipline.
- High voltage experience.
- Experience using VESYS to design wiring harnesses.
- Demonstrable experience of electrical distribution system development – specifically circuit design, wiring/fusing systems and electrical packaging.
- Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance.
- Knowledge of hybrid electrical vehicle architectures and wiring systems would be advantageous..
- Strong leadership and communication skills
- Self-motivated, creative and flexible team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Good problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to prioritise and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.