Senior/ Principal Engineer – Charging Systems
|Role Title:||Senior/ Principal Charging Systems Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Battery Systems|
|Role Purpose:||As a Charging Systems Engineer within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will support the Battery Principal/Chief Engineers to deliver effective engineering solutions. You will be involved in the Charging systems requirement development, specification generation, system design, verification, and validation.|
Key Aspects of the role
- You will work across various, often complex, and technically challenging, Sprint Power product development and customer R&D / demonstration / production projects
- You will be involved in developing, implementing, and validating appropriate high voltage charging system interfaces and subsystems
- Liaise directly with customers, suppliers, and SP staff at all levels to capture charging system requirements and satisfy Sprint Powers technical and project delivery needs
- Participate in research and development of appropriate charging system and power management strategies to meet vehicle requirements
- Derive and validate the charging system component level requirements
- Develop and execute appropriate system level verification & validation plans
- Work with design engineers, suppliers and build technicians to realise prototype hardware and test it in line with the V&V plan (including lab and field testing as appropriate)
- System development from Proof of Concept to C sample and production as appropriate
- Apply quality toolsets (e.g. DFMEA, P diagrams, PFMEA etc) throughout the charging system development process to achieve a defect free and robust system
- Working with technical specialists on Functional Safety, Cybersecurity and EMC development of charging system
- Support product sourcing, purchasing and selection as required by the design process
- Create project documentation in line with company processes and standards.
- Present in in technical reviews of product design, requirements, and specifications
- Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones
- On site working at the clients facilities may be required
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering, physics or mathematics
- Proven track record in the effective delivery of charging system to quality targets and milestones
- Knowledge of electric and hybrid vehicle technologies, such as
- Batteries, Power Distribution Unit, Inverters and eMotors
- Vehicle powertrain, heating and cooling systems
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems
- A minimum of 3 years relevant industry experience
- Experience in automotive or other relevant HV systems design, development and validation
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation.
- Experience working on hybrid or electric vehicle subsystems and components e.g. battery systems, inverters, DC/DC converters etc
- Experience in testing and compliance engineering to electric vehicle regulations and external standards
- A history of effective team working for dealing with technical queries and resolving technical issues
- Ability to produce original, innovative cost-effective system solutions
- Support of reliability and safety analysis (e.g. FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.)
- Familiarity in the application of functional safety and the ISO 26262 standard at OEM or supplier level
- Familiarity in cyber security and EMC requirements and verification methods
- Use of standard automotive diagnostics and calibration tools
- Applied embedded and model-based software skills
- Experienced in Model Based Systems Engineering
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office and applications.
- Experience of Business Management Systems including ISO9001.
- Experience of working to ISO26262 (optional).
- Self-motivated, creative, and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.