Senior Engineer – Battery Cell Specialist
|Role Title:||Senior Battery Cell Specialist|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Battery Systems|
|Role Purpose:||As a Cell Engineer within Sprint Power, you will be responsible for developing the company’s knowledge on cells to support a wide range of electrified vehicles in the automotive, marine, rail, industrial and aviation sectors.|
You will support the Battery Principal/Chief Engineers to create a database of cell models and lead cell analysis and testing activities.
Key Aspects of the role
- Responsible for capturing the cell supplier landscape, including existing and emerging cell technologies/manufacturers
- Conduct cell and battery pack benchmarking activities
- Create cell models to support vehicle simulations
- Create and maintain cell and battery model to support various battery design activities
- Create project documentation in line with company processes and standards.
- Present in in technical reviews of product design, requirements, and specifications
- Support product sourcing, purchasing and selection as required by the design process
- Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones
- On site working at the client facilities may be required.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering, physics or mathematics
- Background in numerical or controls based modelling
- Experienced in BMS algorithm development
- Experience in conducting cell testing and cell characterisation
- Experience in creating cell and battery models for various simulation environments (electrical and/or thermal)
- Applied embedded and model-based software skills
- MATLAB Simulink.
- Experience working on hybrid or electric vehicle subsystems and components e.g. battery systems, inverters, DC/DC converters, etc.
- Experience in testing and compliance engineering to electric vehicle regulations and external standards
- A history of effective team working for dealing with technical queries and resolving technical issues
- Ability to produce original, innovative cost-effective system solutions
- Experienced in Model Based Systems Engineering
- Experienced in thermal management system modelling
- Software development and test experience on vehicles
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office and applications.
- Experience of Business Management Systems including ISO9001.
- Experience of working to ISO26262 (optional).
- Self-motivated, creative, and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.