Functional Safety Manager (Grade: Principal)
|Role Title:||Functional Safety Manager|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Functional Safety Manager|
|Role Purpose:||Manage Functional Safety work products as per ISO 26262, working cross-domain in projects to ensure development and postproduction life cycles align with company’s functional safety standards. Drive processes in safety practices, concept, design and manufacturing. You will liaise directly with all stakeholders to ensure delivery of safe engineering solutions, compliant with relevant legislation and appropriate regulations and standards.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Collaborate with project management, system engineers, HW and SW engineers and external suppliers to ensure project is delivered with safety compliance
- Conduct concept level safety analysis (HARA/ HAZOP/ FMEA and FTA/ DFA) to create the functional safety concepts along with technical safety concept.
- Conduct Failure analysis (including ASIL decomposition), documenting analysis outcomes and recommending requirements based on results of this analysis.
- Participate in System level modelling and requirements (SysML)
- Participate in Reliability study for HW (Fault metrics calculations) and FMEDA
- Participate in Software safety analysis (ETA)
- Participate in verification and confirmation reviews
- Support customer reviews with functional safety input (DIA/ RASIC) and monitor all safety activities conducted through the V cycle.
- Deliver work products in compliance with processes for ISO 9001
- Deliver tasks in line with project milestones
- Completed Functional safety training (ISO 26262 or IEC 61508 equivalent)
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- Strong experience in delivering functional safety projects (preferably knowledge of automotive industry)
- Experience in the application of functional safety standards to relevant projects.
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation. Familiarity with MBSE techniques for system modelling.
- ASPICE knowledge desirable.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to multitask and take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter and CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.