Junior/ Senior Embedded Software Test Engineer
|Role Title:||Junior/ Senior Embedded Software Test Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Electronics & Systems|
|Role Purpose:||As a member of the software engineering team within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will liaise directly with customers, partners, suppliers and other engineering teams to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions. Responsible for the inception, development and release of electronic system designs across a broad range of company projects.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Provide technical delivery of software activities to meet timescale and cost targets for R&D products and customer projects
- Technical support for embedded software development for a range of vehicle domains (e.g. powertrain, body, chassis), through development and validation of electrical and electronic systems
- Creating technical software requirement documents for a range of products developed in the company
- Creating technical software test plan documents for a range of products developed in the company
- Support system integration testing, provide debugging capability during development and deliver production ready solutions
- Interface with suppliers and partners with technical requirements and feedback for existing and new designs
- Work closely with other engineering disciplines (e.g. electronic hardware, control SW etc.) to develop modern, innovative and practical solutions
Required Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- Degree qualified in an Engineering or Science related discipline as a minimum; ideally Chartered or working toward Chartership status
- Several years of experience successfully supporting projects in an engineering environment either in an OEM or Tier 1, for production or R&D programmes
- Supporting systems engineering processes and software testing
- Experience of embedded firmware testing, for software deployed onto and interfacing with bespoke hardware
- Significant experience of scripting language development for test systems
- Testing experience of functional safety compliant software, as per ISO 26262
- Authoring required documentation, including requirements specifications, technical reports, test specifications, user manuals, work instructions etc.
- Bench testing and practical validation of software functionality and safety requirements
- Automotive communications protocols e.g. CAN, CAN-FD, Flexray, UDS, OBD, J1939 etc.
- A history of interfacing with external stakeholders (e.g. customers or suppliers) for dealing with technical queries and resolving technical issues.
Desired Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- Testing experience of application of systems and software developed using (e.g. UML, SysML) and tools (e.g. Simulink, Targetlink)
- Testing experience of low-level software for xEV components e.g. BMS, inverters, DC/DC converters etc.
- Use of standard automotive diagnostics and calibration tools
- Familiarity with Automotive SPICE development framework
- Knowledge of control systems and the practical application of control theory
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritise and organise project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter and CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.