Group Lean Process Improvement Practitioner (Contractor, 6-month contract).
|Role Title:||Group Lean Process Improvement Practitioner (contractor, 6-month contract)|
|Reporting To:||Head of Quality & EHS.|
|Location:||Head Office at Birmingham Business Park|
|Role Purpose:||Support the business in improving and sustaining operational efficiency using lean techniques based on “best practice”. Serve as an independent facilitator to identify and implement process improvement, respecting the company culture and stakeholder interests. Establish a working/support group, to provide the resources and further enablers (training, methods, infrastructure etc.) to sustain improvement. Identify and implement a Product Data Management (PDM) or Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) tool to meet the group’s business needs.|
- Complete process and value stream mapping to identify inefficiencies in productivity with a particular focus in the following areas:
- Task management through product & process development.
- Drawing & change control (storage, approval, release, and distribution).
- Problem management (product, project and process).
- Clarify, analyse, and quantify the areas for improvement to streamline existing processes across the various business units.
- Communicate progress at all levels within the business to educate in lean methodologies and how recommended changes can cut waste from operating procedures.
- Deploy appropriate methodologies to support teams in solving problems.
- Manage change using tools such as the Kurt Lewin Model, Stakeholder and Force-Field Analysis, SWOT and Prioritisation Matrix (or equivalents).
- Prove if Jira (Atlassian) is a suitable tool to meet the business needs and if so, organise activities to support its use with support from Clearvision and other internal experts (e.g. TAE).
- Implement a suitable Product Data Management (PDM) platform to manage and design data in a central location for Sprint Power to Eltrium.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills:
- Professional qualification at degree level (preferably Engineering).
- An expert in lean methodologies with a Master Black Belt or equivalent qualification.
- Project Management tools & techniques.
- MS proficient (i.e., Excel, PPT, Word, Microsoft Project)
- Proven practical application and development of Quality / Lean tools in an engineering environment.
- Able to demonstrate knowledge of managing change in a challenging environment.
- Able to demonstrate management experience across multiple sites.
- Process orientated, with a track record of implementing process improvements and controls within a supply chain environment.
- Experience in a similar organisation in electrical/electronic design within the mobility industry (preferably automotive / aerospace/ministry of defence).
- Able to demonstrate excellent interpersonal and influencing skills, resulting in tangible changes in effectiveness and efficiency.
- Proven leadership in initiating, driving, and supporting positive change.
- Experience in working closely with clients and developing effective working relationships.
- Able to present and communicate information concisely according to the audience.
- Flexible in terms of travelling to other sites.
Other Features of job
- Eligible to work in the UK
- This role is based at our Head Office at Birmingham Business Park, 0900 to 1700, including 30-minute paid break 5 days a week.
Please click here to apply.