Senior/Principal Battery Systems Engineer
|Role Title:||Senior/Principal Battery Systems Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Powertrain|
|Role Purpose:||As a Battery Systems Engineer within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will liaise directly with customers, and the SP engineering teams to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions. You will be responsible for the REESS (battery system) requirements development, specification generation, system development, verification and validation.|
Key Aspects of the role
- You will work across various, often complex and technically challenging, Sprint Power product development and customer R&D / demonstration / production projects
- Projects may include automotive and electric vehicle systems, powertrain and stationary energy storage
- You will be responsible for developing, implementing and validating appropriate battery system architecture for these applications
- Liaise directly with customers, suppliers and SP staff at all levels to ensure full elicitation / derivation of battery system requirements
- Utilise your experience to research and propose appropriate battery system architectures and evaluate them against use cases, based upon steady state analysis and dynamic simulation as appropriate.
- Derive and validate the battery system component level requirements
- Develop and execute appropriate system level verification & validation plans
- Work with design engineers, suppliers and build technicians to realise prototype hardware and test it in line with the V&V plan (including MiL, HiL and field testing as appropriate)
- System development through Proof of Concept to C sample phases and into production as appropriate for a particular project.
- Liaise with client’s staff and suppliers to ensure the client is satisfied with Sprint Powers technical and project delivery
- Support product sourcing, purchasing and selection as required by the design process
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company processes and standards
- Participate in technical reviews of product designs, requirements and specifications
- Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- Experience in automotive or other relevant battery systems design, development and validation
- Proven track record in the effective delivery of technical objectives to quality targets and milestones.
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation
- Experience working on hybrid or electric vehicle subsystems and components e.g. battery systems, inverters, DC/DC converters etc.
- Experience in compliance engineering to electric vehicle regulations and external standards
- A history of interfacing with external parties (e.g. customers or suppliers) for dealing with technical queries and resolving technical issues.
- Ability to produce original, innovative cost-effective system solutions
- Support of reliability and safety analysis (e.g. FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.)
- Familiarity in the application of functional safety and the ISO 26262 standard at OEM or supplier level
- Use of standard automotive diagnostics and calibration tools
- Applied embedded and model-based software skills
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.