Senior Systems Engineer / Systems Engineer
|Role Title:||Senior Systems Engineer / Systems Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Systems & Integration|
|Role Purpose:||As a member of the systems engineering team within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will liaise directly with a range of stakeholders to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions. Responsible for the inception, development and release of electronic system designs across a broad range of company projects.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Provide a pragmatic approach to defining requirements architectures, that suit each programme size and timescale
- Liaise with stakeholders to enable the elicitation of high-level requirements
- Define system and component architectures and interfaces
- Conduct appropriate analysis (use cases, sequence diagrams, simulations, state machines etc.) for defining system behavior and deriving requirements
- Perform or support system models and simulations
- Support reliability and safety analysis (e.g. FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.)
- Use requirements management tools for capturing requirements at all levels and generating specification documents
- Interface between software and hardware engineers to support system design
- Perform or support the development of test plans and test cases
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that requirements, timescales and costs targets are tracked and achieved
- Support verification and validation activities and feedback of results into the system design
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company processes and standards
- Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones
- Support the governance of requirements management processes, toolchain and model architectures
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- A minimum of 2 years relevant industry experience
- Experience of system design and electronics hardware
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems
- Experience of model-based requirements engineering and use Sparx Enterprise Architect (or similar)
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.