|Role Title:||Systems Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Systems and Integration|
|Role Purpose:||As a member of the systems engineering team within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will liaise directly with a range of stakeholders to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions. Responsible for the inception, development, and release of electrical and electronic system designs, across a broad range of company projects, whilst also leading the test and integration activities when products and systems are realised.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Liaise with stakeholders to enable the elicitation of customer requirements
- Analyse and define system features and attributes
- Decompose regulations and standards into technical requirements
- Conduct appropriate analysis (use cases, sequence diagrams, simulations, state machines etc.) for defining system behavior and deriving functional requirements
- Define Logical architectures to support the allocation of feature/functions
- Analyse and define physical architecture and interfaces.
- Define component level requirements to define internal departments/external supplier technical deliverables.
- Support the system level fault response and reconfiguration activities
- Support reliability and safety analysis (e.g. ITD, FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.)
- Use requirements management tools for capturing requirements at all levels and generating specification documents
- Interface between software and hardware engineers to support system design
- Perform or support the development of test plans and test cases
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that requirements, timescales, and costs targets are tracked and achieved
- Perform or support verification and validation activities and feedback of results into the system design
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company processes and standards
- Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- Relevant experience of system design and/or electrical/electronic engineering disciplines
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems
- Experience of model-based requirements engineering (Enterprise Architect preferable but not essential)
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritise and organise multiple projects, workloads, schedules, and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills is essential in this role
A Sprint Power Engineer
- A Sprint Power systems engineer brings a wealth of knowledge into any team, displaying areas of technical specialism and approaches each problem with an attitude which drives them to solve it. Always challenging the what and the why they are delivering a certain technical solution, and providing both abstract viewpoints and the ability to conceptualise and further realise technical solutions.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.