Functional Safety Engineer
|Role Title:||Functional Safety Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Functional Safety Manager|
|Role Purpose:||Deliver Functional Safety work products as per ISO 26262, working cross-domain (Systems, HW, SW) to ensure development of product aligns with company’s functional safety process and requirement. Participate in safety practices, concept, and design, both concept and analysis level. You will liaise directly with all stakeholders to ensure delivery of safe engineering solutions, compliant with relevant legislation and appropriate regulations and standards.|
Key Aspects of the role
o Collaborating with system engineers, components engineers and external suppliers, deliver designs with ISO 26262 compliance, define safety concepts along with technical, software and hardware safety requirements
o Safety and Failure analysis (FMEA/ FTA/ DFA), documenting analysis outcomes and recommending requirements based on results of this analysis
o Participate in Reliability study for HW (Fault metrics calculations) and FMEDA
o Support customer reviews with functional safety input
o Deliver work products in compliance with processes for ISO 9001
o Deliver tasks in line with project milestones
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- Strong experience in delivering functional safety projects (preferably knowledge of automotive industry)
- Experience in the application of functional safety standards to relevant projects.
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation. Familiarity with MBSE techniques for system modelling.
- Hardware verification knowledge
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.