Senior/ Principal Systems Integration Engineer
|Role Title:||Senior/ Principal Systems Integration Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Systems Integration|
|Role Purpose:||As a Systems Integration Engineer within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the system design and development process and will ultimately be responsible for ensuring the existing and new electrical, mechanical and control system elements of Sprint Power’s projects and products integrate seamlessly to deliver project functional and non-functional requirements.|
Key Aspects of the role
- You will work across various, often complex and technically challenging, Sprint Power product development and customer R&D / demonstration / production projects
- Projects may include automotive and electric vehicle systems, powertrain and energy storage
- You will be responsible for developing, implementing and validating appropriate an system architecture for these applications
- Liaise directly with customers, suppliers and SP staff at all levels to ensure full elicitation of customer and stakeholder requirements
- Based upon these customer requirements you will develop and validate system level requirements
- With the help of subject matter experts, you will propose appropriate system architectures and evaluate them based upon the appropriate deployment of analysis, dynamic simulation and prototype testing (including HiL and SiL)
- From this analysis you will recommend appropriate system architectures and subsystem configurations, highlighting differences in functional and non-functional attributes and their likely impact on the delivery of project requirements.
- Develop and execute appropriate system level verification & validation plans
- Support requirements development, design, verification and validation of system components
- Liaise with client’s staff and suppliers to ensure the client is satisfied with Sprint Powers technical and project delivery
- Support product sourcing, purchasing and selection as required by the design process
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company processes and standards
- Participate in technical reviews of product designs, requirements and specifications
- Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience
- Experience in automotive or other relevant systems integration, design, development, test or problem solving disciplines
- Proven track record in the effective delivery of technical objectives to quality targets and milestones.
- Ability to produce original, innovative cost-effective system solutions
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation
- Experience working on hybrid or electric vehicle subsystems and components e.g. battery systems, inverters, DC/DC converters etc.
- Experience in compliance engineering to electric vehicle regulations and external standards
- A history of interfacing with external parties (e.g. customers or suppliers) for dealing with technical queries and resolving technical issues.
- Support of reliability and safety analysis (e.g. FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.)
- Familiarity in the application of functional safety and the ISO 26262 standard at OEM or supplier level
- Use of standard automotive diagnostics and calibration tools
- Applied embedded and model-based software skills
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter and CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.