Business Development Director
|Role Title:||Business Development Director|
|Reporting To:||Chief Commercial Officer|
- For Sprint Power to deliver continued success we need to engage with our customers the world over and identify how we can support their electrification strategies from the very early stages of the design process, through to production of new products and everything in between
- Leading the business development activities at Sprint Power you will be responsible for the complete sales process from initial engagement and account planning, detailed qualification, and compelling presentation of or capabilities, through to negotiation and closing and KO of new contracts
- You will be responsible for the delivery of the company revenue and customer targets, as well as leading the collaborative activities across the business to bring together compelling proposals that meet our customers requirements
- You will draw on your deep understanding of the industry and think strategically to support delivery of successful propositions. Critical will be a strong technical knowledge and a capability
- You will need to have a track record of technical sales experience with an established contact network in the Automotive, Defense, Marine, or Aerospace sectors
- Preferably with significant technical experience and / or a technology related degree, you will need to be equally as comfortable speaking to a technical audience as a commercial audience
- You will work within a unique, fast-paced and innovative team made up of energetic and hardworking professionals, within a rapidly expanding successful EV start up
- You will report into the Chief Commercial Officer and have responsibility to deliver the sales plan targets and growth as agreed each year
Critical to the success of the role will be
- Your ability to really engage and understand your customers’ needs and desires and what drives each one
- Your ability to interface effectively at every level within your customers and to manage multiple internal customer relationships to ensure our proposals are won
- Your understanding of the way vehicle manufacturers engineer their products and the ability to understand the entry points for Sprint Power
- Your ability to craft compelling proposals for each customer from a range of potential solutions
- Your fundamental engineering understanding and knowledge of EV systems
- Your ability to take complex issues and problems and articulate them simply and in an engaging, succinct, jargon-free way
- Your drive and tenacity to ensure proposals are delivered on time, project managing the sales process and the team involved in the bid preparation
- Your huge energy, enthusiasm and a drive to deliver, with a positive can-do attitude and ability to think differently
- Your ability to be a great team player and to work closely with colleagues across different locations
You will need
- Exceptional technical sales track record within a relevant industry sector
- Experience working in the Automotive / Defence / Marine / Aerospace sectors (5+ years)
- Successful experience in the pricing and negotiation of engineering programmes and components
- Experience of bringing new technologies to market from a tier 1 supplier or OEM perspective
- Excellent communication, engagement and presentation skills
- Expert in stake holder management of commercial relationships
- Expert in sales process and strategic planning
- Experienced in the project management of the sales process
- Relevant engineering degree preferred
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Target-driven and self-starting.
- Natural leader, competent in building a team with hands-on approach.
- Good general commercial awareness, clearly able to demonstrate negotiation experience and delivery of the negotiations.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Able to prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.