Principal/ Chief Engineer – Battery Systems
|Role Title:||Principal/ Chief Engineer -Battery Systems|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Battery Systems|
|Role Purpose:||As a Principal/ Chief Engineer Battery Systems within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will liaise directly with customers, and the SP engineering teams to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions. You will be responsible for all aspects of battery system design & development, from requirements capture and specification generation to system design, development, verification, and validation.|
Key Aspects of the role
– You will work across various, often complex, and technically challenging, Sprint Power product development and customer R&D / demonstration / production projects.
– Projects may include electric vehicle systems, powertrain, and stationary energy storage.
– You will be responsible for developing, implementing, and validating appropriate battery system architecture for these applications.
– Liaise directly with customers, suppliers, and SP staff at all levels to ensure full derivation of battery system requirements and satisfy Sprint Powers technical and project delivery needs.
– Utilize your analysis experience to research and propose appropriate battery system architectures and evaluate them against use cases, based upon steady state analysis and dynamic simulation as appropriate.
– Derive and validate the battery system component level requirements.
– Develop and execute appropriate system level verification & validation plans.
– Work with design engineers, suppliers and build technicians to realise prototype hardware and test it in line with the V&V plan (including MiL, HiL and field testing as appropriate)
– Support product sourcing, purchasing and selection as required by the design process with a good understanding of cell technology and battery component supply base.
– Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company processes and standards.
– Participate in technical reviews of product designs, requirements and specifications.
– Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- Ability to produce original innovative cost-effective design solutions.
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems.
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline.
- A minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience.
- To have an excellent understanding of automotive engineering design practices particularly in the field of Battery systems, their subcomponents, materials selection and manufacturing techniques.
- Ideally, FEA or CFD knowledge for evaluating theoretical designs.
- Experience in automotive or other relevant battery systems design, development, and validation.
- Proven track record in the effective delivery of technical objectives to quality targets and milestones.
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation.
- Familiar with battery systems control approaches, software and hardware.
- Experience working on hybrid or electric vehicle subsystems and components e.g. battery systems, inverters, DC/DC converters etc.
- Experience in compliance engineering to electric vehicle regulations and external standards.
- A history of interfacing with external parties (e.g. customers or suppliers) for dealing with technical queries and resolving technical issues.
- Support of reliability and safety analysis (e.g. FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.) and familiarity in the application of functional safety and ISO 26262.
- Model-based system development and software application.
- Commercial awareness.
– Proven leadership skills. Outgoing, confident and articulate.
– Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
– Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
– Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
– Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
– Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.