Senior/ Principal Control Engineer
|Role Title:||Senior/ Principal Control Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Control Systems|
|Role Purpose:||A skilled Control Systems engineer, with experience developing whole vehicle models to support control software development, testing and validation. This is a hands-on role for an engineer who enjoys designing and implementing control software & simulation models, as well as the creative problem solving, and testing required to ensure they function as intended.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Design, implement and test (utilizing MIL/SIL/in-vehicle validation) control software using a model-based development approach
- Design, implement and correlate BEV & HEV component and vehicle models for component sizing and performance analysis
- Support the transition of control systems software from Sprint Power to clients
- Support prototype vehicle builds and development at Sprint Power and client sites
- Write relevant specifications, requirements and test plans / reports
- Maintain good relationships with customers
- Evaluate the impact of work delays, interruptions or changes in plans to develop an appropriate course of action
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- A degree or similar in engineering.
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience.
- Experience in automotive control systems design, ideally working on BEV/HEV projects
- Detailed control systems/ plant models design, implementation, and validation experience
- Experience in writing system and software specifications, requirements & test documents
- Ideally sound experience with any of the rapid prototyping controllers (dSPACE, Motohawk, Raptor, Pi Innovo, etc.)
- Experience with software version control tools, requirements management, software change request (SCR) management
- Familiar with electrical debugging on vehicle, e.g. LV harnessing, continuity checking, isolation checking, etc
- Familiar with vehicle performance, economy, emissions and driveability attributes/trade-off’s
- Proven track record in the effective delivery of technical objectives to quality and time targets
- Comfortable working closely with clients, often on-site at client locations
- Enthusiastic about learning new disciplines and expanding current technical and project knowledge
System or Knowledge
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office and applications.
- Experienced user of MATLAB/Simulink/Stateflow for embedded control system design and validation, along with a familiarity with powertrain modelling.
- Experience with CCP & CAN based tools, e.g. INCA/CANape and CANalyzer
- Experience and knowledge of whole vehicle electrical systems (high and low voltage)
- Understanding and application of industry and legal standards relating to control systems
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent planning skills
- Able to prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
- Strong internal self-motivation
- Able to work well under their own initiative, but also as part of a team
For job applications, please send us your cover letter and CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.