Chief Engineer – Systems Engineering
|Role Title:||Chief Engineer – Systems Engineering|
|Reporting To:||Chief Executive Officer|
|Role Purpose:||Deliver the System Engineering function for Sprint Power. Grow, mentor and manage the Systems
Engineering team. You will be involved at all stages of the system design and development process and
product life-cycle. You will liaise directly with a range of stakeholders to ensure delivery of safe and effective
engineering solutions across Sprint Power’s portfolio of consultancy and product development projects.
Key Aspects of the role
- Line manage and provide technical leadership to the Systems Engineering team, responsible for all aspects of Systems Engineering:
o Project / system level requirements capture and management
o Functional safety
o System architecture development
o System requirements decomposition
o Verification and Validation Planning
o Dissemination of requirements to the design teams
o Component and system verification
o System Integration and validation
o Test equipment / facility specification and development / procurement
- Provide innovative engineering concepts to support the company’s patent portfolio, with supporting simulation models and prototypes
- Develop systems engineering processes and requirements management methods to support efficient and high-quality execution the Systems Engineering function
- Develop Systems Engineering plans, that match each project’s size and timescale
- Liaise with stakeholders to enable the elicitation of high-level requirements
- Define system and component architectures and interfaces
- Conduct appropriate analysis (use cases, sequence diagrams, simulations, state machines etc.) for defining system behavior and deriving requirements
- Provide and maintain system models and simulations
- Support reliability and safety analysis (e.g. FMEA, FTA, HARA etc.)
- Use requirements management tools for capturing requirements at all levels and generating specification documents
- Work closely with suppliers to ensure that requirements, timescales and costs targets are tracked and achieved
- Manage verification and validation activities and feedback of results into the system design
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in line with company processes and standards
- Deliver engineering tasks in line with project milestones
- Support the governance of requirements management processes, tool-chain and model architectures
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- A minimum of 10 years relevant industry experience
- A minimum of 5 years automotive Tier 1 / OEM experience
- Extensive experience of System Engineering through the full product lifecycle
- A sound understanding of engineering, physics and applied mathematics and their application to solving real world problems
- Experience of model-based requirements engineering and use Sparx Enterprise Architect (or similar)
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.