Principal Functional Safety Engineer
|Role Title:||Principal Functional Safety Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Systems Engineering|
|Role Purpose:||Overall responsibility for Functional Safety across Sprint Power’s product development and consultancy projects. You will liaise directly with all stakeholders to ensure delivery of safe engineering solutions, compliant with relevant legislation and appropriate regulations and standards|
Key Aspects of the role
- Develop Functional safety management policies, plans and procedures appropriate for existing and new projects
- Work with the engineering team to guide and educate members in the work products associated with functional safety deliverables
- Undertake the role of Safety Manager on relevant projects as appropriate
- Lead the planning and delivery of high level FuSa work products (e.g HARA, ASIL, FSGs, TSGs etc for ISO26262) through the full design lifecycle to fully validated and production ready
- Create proposal content and estimates to support business development and sales activities
- Support customer reviews with functional safety input.
- Support planning and resource management to ensure on time delivery of projects
- Develop processes for ISO 9001 compliance
- Deliver tasks in line with project milestones
- A degree or similar qualification in an engineering discipline
- A minimum of 8 years relevant industry experience, at least 5 years in automotive
- Extensive experience in the application of functional safety standards to relevant projects. All parts of ISO26262 essential. Understanding of IEC61508, IEC61511 and DO-178C, DO-331, ARP 4754A highly desirable
- Familiarity with systems engineering processes from requirements capture through to design validation
- Understanding of HV applications and xEV automotive applications desirable
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
- Strong presentation, report writing and communication skills.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter with CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.