Senior/Principal Electrical Systems Engineer
|Role Title:||Senior/Principal Electrical Systems Engineer|
|Reporting To:||Chief Engineer – Electrical|
|Role Purpose:||As an Electrical Design Engineer within Sprint Power, you will be involved at all stages of the design and development process. You will liaise directly with customers, and the SP engineering teams, to provide and deliver effective engineering solutions. Responsible for the inception, development and release of LV & HV electrical system designs across a broad range of company projects.|
Key Aspects of the role
- Design of electrical system concepts including: architectures, circuit proposals, harness routing and packaging proposals.
- Generation and design verification of detailed electrical circuit wiring schematics.
- Generation of 2D harness and cable assembly manufacturing drawings.
- Ensure project documentation is correctly managed, maintained and released in accordance with company BMS processes and procedures.
- Design and guidance of 3D harness routing and packaging working with the 3D Engineering team.
- Support in the delivery of electrical FMEA and electrical design validation activities.
- Manage project level engineering change control activity.
- Generation and control of project engineering electrical BOM’s.
- Delivery of engineering tasks in line with project milestones.
- Lead prototype builds and provide engineering support for vehicle/system commissioning, fault finding and diagnosis.
- To have an excellent knowledge of general automotive engineering vehicle technologies covering:
- LV Electrical systems.
- Connection systems, distribution, harnessing, cabling & data communication systems.
- Sound knowledge of electrical principles, materials selection and manufacturing techniques.
- To have a good knowledge of Electric and Hybrid vehicle technologies, including:
- HV batteries, contactors, fuses, distribution, HVIL, PDU’s
- Motors, inverters, chargers, converters.
- To have a basic understanding of general automotive engineering vehicle technologies, including:
- Power Electronics.
- LV Electronics.
- Control systems.
Health, Safety & Environmental
- Ensures Environmental Health & Safety policy is always adhered to.
- Promotes Environmental Health & Safety awareness.
- Responsible for adhering to EHS procedures & policies to ensure compliance.
Qualifications, Functional Experience & Skills
- A degree or similar in an electrical engineering discipline
- A minimum of 5 years relevant industry experience i.e. Automotive, Motorsport or Aerospace.
- System design from concept to delivery, with a good understanding of electrical design requirements.
- Experience in automotive electrical systems design and prototype development.
- Experience in HV and LV EDS development – specifically in circuit design, harness design, power distribution and electrical packaging/routing.
- Evaluate data contained within vehicle electrical component specifications and apply to circuit designs.
- Knowledge & experience of vehicle HaV safe working practices and procedures
- Proven track record in the effective delivery of technical objectives to quality targets and milestones.
- Advanced capabilities in Microsoft Office and applications.
- Experience of electrical system CAD software e.g VeSys, Zuken or similar.
- Previous experience of BMS procedures including ISO9001.
- Self-motivated, creative and adaptive team player.
- Willingness to take on roles, responsibilities and challenges required to achieve company goals and objectives.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Able to Prioritize and organize project workloads, schedules and tasks.
For job applications, please send us your cover letter and CV to Jobs@Sprint-Power.com or use the form below.